Dear us at seventeen, (Open Call. Open Salon)

Knock. Knock.
It’s me.
From many years in the future.  Crazy, huh?
Proof?  Of course we want proof.
MindiTheMagnificent.  Enough said.

I know, we aren’t even questioning why we find ourselves here.  We believe in this kind of thing.  Advice from our future selves.  Forewarning.  Reassurance.

It will take several years for us to believe this, but we are a pragmatic control freak.  While this serves us well, from time to time, it also is a cause for much heartache.  As much as we currently want to believe in fairy tales and all things mythological, it’s not part of our DNA.

We need to know this.  Believe in US.  Trust in US.  Love Us.

We don’t learn from advice.  We learn from experience, trial and error.  We will try on many different outfits in the coming years.  Searching for that perfect combination.  Keep doing it, but know that we  can choose what to wear.  We don’t have to wear what others think we should wear.  Believe, trust, love.

If advice was something we would listen to, I’d tell us to skip the “Yuppy, Double Income, Two Kids” attire.  We won’t listen, though.  We will try it on, find that it’s scratchy, constrictive and never feels right.  Shrug it off fast and move on.

Love?  Tough one, we still don’t know anything about it.  Just know that it’s all around us.  Waiting.

There is one thing.  I won’t tell us when or what, but know that something will happen that will completely change us.  Forever.   This is not a stereotypical event, either.  It’s real and it’s huge.  Don’t know what comes of it, yet,  we are still knee deep in it.  Just remember that word above.  L-O-V-E

In the meantime, buy a journal.  Now.  Do not pass go, do not collect $200.  Then write, write, write.

We will discover The Beatles.  We will fall head over heels in love with them.  Don’t do it now, wait for it to happen.

Love, love, love,
Our well adjusted, crazy, chaotic and random self

“Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. Christopher Robin to Pooh” ~ Christopher Robin

Advertisements

About Mindi Finch

Living with Magnificence. Kicking Childhood Cancer's Ass.
This entry was posted in open call, open salon. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Dear us at seventeen, (Open Call. Open Salon)

1. Anonymous says:

alprazolam xanax cheap online no prescription – xanax 0.5mg side effects

2. Anonymous says:

buy alprazolam sure jell drug test xanax – will xanax show up on drug test for employment

3. Anonymous says:

order ativan ativan 1 milligram – ativan while nursing

4. Anonymous says:

buy diazepam online diazepam overdose symptoms – diazepam tropfen online kaufen

5. Anonymous says:

ambien sale ambien generic manufacturers – ambien blue round pill

6. Anonymous says:

generic valium valium dosage kids – buy roche valium online uk

7. Anonymous says:

diazepam 10 mg diazepam valium for vertigo – diazepam online no prescription usa

8. Anonymous says:

ativan pharmacy ativan toxicity – ativan drip

9. Anonymous says:

zolpidem online zolpidem tartrate er cost – overdose on zolpidem death

10. Anonymous says:

no prescription xanax xanax dosage bluelight – xanax side effects weight loss

11. Anonymous says:

ativan online pharmacy ativan kidney damage – ativan dosage pediatric

12. Anonymous says:

generic ativan lorazepam 1 mg withdrawal – ativan side effects adults

13. Anonymous says:

order xanax no prescription xanax 1mg price – xanax overdose alcohol

14. Anonymous says:

buy ativan online ativan dosage forms – buy ativan overnight delivery

15. Anonymous says:

buy xanax online funny xanax quotes – side effects switching xanax klonopin

• Mert says:

Looks like my first 3 years of college. Probably didn’t see that cimong Yeah, you may have started young but I was like Rookie of the Year on my catch up work. It was most definitely the best thing to happen to me when the University and I decided we should go on a break. Unfortunately it means I don’t have a shiny piece of white paper to hang on my wall. But I’m also not in the same place as the folks I ran with in that place, and seeing their lives now makes me very happy with the choices I made. I’m also now a big fan of August 1st for you, man. 7 years is awesome. Congratulations!

16. Anonymous says:

buy ativan ativan and alcohol experience – ativan dosage 0.25 mg

17. Praderas says:

We delfiiteny need more smart people like you around.

18. Ares says:

On the advise of my dtcoor I only take 0.5 mg twice a day for anxiety. I also do meditation for about 1/2 hour a day. I do an hour if I can get it in. Breath in deep threw the nose for count of 5, then hold for 3 seconds, then release your breath threw the mouth another count of 5. Do this 3 times and relax. You can go to a book store and get meditation cd’s and books on this subject of Anxiety. Good luck. Again get Doctor advise on dosage.

19. rental car says:

Furrealz? That’s marvelously good to know.