Finally, time to post in peace.

There is something to be said for doing nothing.  Well, at least not leaving the “house”.  We veged today and settled in.  I still have a ton of organizing and unpacking yet to do, but it’s all good.  One thing that I keep putting off, is prepping an emergency overnight bag.  This Odyssey is pocked with sudden trips to the doctor or ER that result in mandatory hospital stays.  Gotta do that tomorrow!

His nG feeds and IV fluids are going really well.  He managed not to heave today, except around 5:30 he started to get stomach cramps which resulted in immediate sleep, again.  He’s been sacked out since 6:00.  Since we discontinued his pyridium and oxybutinin, his itching as stopped.  Hmmmmmm.  He doesn’t seem to be in bladder/urinary pain, either.  Except he is still passing a few clots.  Strange.  Since the medications for this have stopped, his 10:00, 4:00am & 6:00am doses don’t need to happen.  Many thankful z’s for THAT. 

Mom will be here tomorrow and my brother Travis is arriving from London on Friday.  Dad will be here for the weekend, too.  Crap.  That’s alot of people.  I can’t wait to see Travis.  It’s been two years. 

We have counts and an exam on Thursday.  Then it will be time to hunker down for the weekend.  Due to “bug” exposure, Gregory and I will not be going anywhere on Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays.  Just way too many people around to risk it.  Not only can he not get sick, I need to keep my health, too.  Except I may sneek out with Travis to grab a Brewski at Big Time and cruise The Ave a bit.  Haven’t had a chance to do that, yet and I’m dying to get down there.  See what changed and what is still hanging around. 

I’m missing the people at the SCCA Unit at Seattle Children’s, already.  Wondering who’s on staff and how everyone is doing.  We will be needing to pick up his new antibiotic, probably tomorrow.  They will be calling it into the pharmacy at Seattle Children’s.  We will stop by to say HI at that time.  At least as long as Gregory is feeling up to it. 

Time for me to check his “feed bag” (the bag that holds his nG feeds) and unplug for a bit before catching some z’s.  His next medications are not due until 8:00AM.  Whoop! Whoop!  I’ll catch you all later.  Gotta jet.


About Mindi Finch

Living with Magnificence. Kicking Childhood Cancer's Ass.
This entry was posted in days 51-60. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s